Wednesday 10 May 2017

Hinton Hunt - reinforcements arrive.

Since I started my small Hinton Hunt project I have been contacted and spoken to other HH collectors and wargamers.

In the last couple of weeks I have received a couple of packages containing some spare figures.

The first package included 9 Grenadiers to and will allow me to form a full 24 figure unit.

3 of the figures are Austrians so will need a little conversion and suitable paint job. They will also need broken muskets replaced. The firing figure is a very nice sculpt and will fit in nicely with my original figures.

The second parcel contained some very useful artillery figures.


Firstly 6 Austrians gunners. All I need now is find a suitable artillery piece.


The parcel also contained 6 French Guard artillerymen. These are very nice figures. I particularly like the officer figure (FN180)


And finally a horse. Not any old horse. My Napoleon now has his Marengo.


Thanks guys for your generosity.

5 comments:

tidders said...

nice little additions to your collection

Wellington Man said...

You can't beat the Old Schoolers for Old School gallantry, Mark! I can't wait to see them painted.

Best regards, WM

Anonymous said...

Apparently Newline artillery are a good match for the original HH.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi WM.

I think I need to put together a painting plan. I paint cavalry in batches of 6 and infantry in 12s.

Mark

Mark Dudley said...

I understand that the original HH artillery are quiet small. I have a couple of Warrior French guns and they fit nicely. I might look at their Austrian guns.

Mark