Sunday 23 September 2018

Von Lutzow

I needed a Ludwig Adolf Wilhelm Freiherr von Lützow figure to command my von Lutzowers.  So a quick conversion was needed.

Using a recast Prussian Hussar as the starting point I used my dremmel to remove the carbine and fashion a small pouch at the end if the cross belt.




I then added the buttons down the trouser using the point of a file.  I then bent the sword arm so the sword was at porte rather than straight ahead in a charging pose as this more a officer inspiring his troops.

Finally I cut off the head and replaced it with a Prussian Guard Officers head with feathered shako.

All in all not to complex a conversion.

8 comments:

Wellington Man said...

Bravo! He's going to look rather flash in hussar costume, Mark.

Stryker said...

Nicely done Mark, looking forward to seeing him painted!

lewisgunner said...

But a loveky one, Can't wait to see the finished article!

mojoworking said...

Nice work there Mark, to quote Eric Morecombe "You can't see the join" !

Mark Dudley said...

Hi WM

I was inspired by seeing your Von Lutzow in person in Sedbergh.

Mark Dudley said...

Hopefully he will not take too long. I also have a recast Blucher on the go.

Mark Dudley said...

I only use recast figures conversions as I have not plucked up the courage to try it on an original figure.

I hope to have him done by next weekend.

Mark Dudley said...

And to para phrase Eric.

I will be painting all the right colours, but not necessarily in the right order