Tuesday 19 February 2019

Figure Identification

Yesterday I received a large box full classic Napoleonic figures as part of trade with a friend.

The figures had originally been part of a collection passed on following the bereavement of a fellow wargamer.

In all the box contained approx 300 figures. Some are Les Higgins, Lammings and a few old Alberken.  The vast majority were Hinton Hunts. These are a mixture of JC recast, original HH figures and some possible old copies.

Amongst the figures there are a few that I am not sure of what they are.


Firstly I have 2 British Infantry. The figure on the left is a HH BN7 with separate musket. The figure on the right is however a bit of a mystery.  I cannot find any reference to this pose in the HH lists. The figure certainly looks like a Hinton Hunt but is it?

Whatever the providence of the figure I will probably repaint/touch up these figures rather than strip and repaint.


Secondly there are some Hinton Hunt Prussian Landwehr Lancers on the right. On the left there is a Prussian Dragoon. The mounted figure looks virtually identical however the horse and base are different. My guess is that these are Alberken/early Minifigs and are perhaps a good example of Peter Gilders alleged copying of Hinton Hunt figures.


Finally there are were some Brunswick one piece Hussars on the right. I do however need a couple of extra figures to make the unit up to 12. These figures will need a bleach dip to remove the old paint.

The figure on the right is I think another early Minifig figure but in this case the pose is less like the original Hinton Hunt figure.

Other HH figures included:-

Austrian Infantry painted as Brunswick 1st Line Regiment. A bunch of British Light Infantry advancing. A good selection of British command figures and various small numbers of other figures including British Fusiliers and Light Infantry.

In all a very good haul

2 comments:

Rob said...

Sadly I don't have friends like that - you are lucky.

Graham C said...

I can definitely say the Brunswick hussar on the left is a minifig - one of my earliest units.
Can't help with the others I'm afraid. But you're one lucky person to have acquired this little lot.