Wednesday, 13 June 2012

A quiet day casting

I had the day off work on Monday with no family around so I decided to spend a few hours casting up some more Prince August figures. The morning session produced quiet a lot of miscasts figures. Frustrated I decided to have a spot of lunch and get some air.  

After Lunch however I really got into the swing with very few miscasts going back into the pot.
  

In all I cast up 28 Cavalry types, 18 infantry/gunners and 3 limbers and wheels.  In all I used just under 2 kg of metal. 

The Limbers are going to be converted so they have two single horses rather then a team of 4. I am also going to use the Limber cast to form the basis of the 2 wheel wagon with a single horse/rider. 

I did have problem casting wheels from Prince August moulds however the ones in the picture are from a  Nurnberger Meisterzinn mould and cast up a treat. 


3 comments:

tidders said...

nice work, new figs to paint !

I had a similar casting spree over the bank holiday weekend; about 40infantry plus Nurnberger Meisterzinn limbers, draft horses and riders - I had trouble with the wheels, got lazy and opted to use some plastic Lego wheels I have left which are just about the right size.

-- Allan

Rob Dean said...

My sons would be upset if I started stealing the Lego parts...wonder if the wheels are available separately?

Liu Liu said...

Christian Louboutin UK, Christian Louboutin Outlet, USA Flag Fashion Elite Jerseys, Cleveland Browns Jerseys, Arizona Cardicals Jerseys, Los Angeles Kings Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Shoes, Women High Heels Shoes, Indianapolis Colts Jerseys, Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Loafers, Christian Louboutin Peep Toe Pumps, Vancouver Canucks Jerseys, cheap sale jerseys, Florida Panthers Jerseys, Detroit Red Wings Jerseys, Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Pumps, Minnesota Wild Jerseys,