Saturday 6 February 2016

Seven Years War Zinnfiguren

Over on the AMG forum I was discussing gaming with Flats. Well as a result I decided to paint a unit of Prussian Grenadiers. 

I bought these figures from Fechner a while back but only painted a few as a tester.  

Well I have almost finished a unit, a few highlights to the faces needed, before basing them on a single 10 by 5cm bases.

This unit is the 17/22 Puttkamer Grenadiers.





This photo shows are thin these chaps are. 


I made a few mistakes and learnt a few tricks and I hope to get get these finished and based over the weekend.

I have some more Grenadiers and some Austrian Cuirassier to paint.  

I can see me doing some more of these.

8 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

I must admit I've been always tempted by 'flats' - the figures look great , Tony

Der Alte Fritz said...

Nice looking brushwork.

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Nice paint job Mark. I have always liked flats, but they need to be tackled in a totally different way from les rondes.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Agreed. It is always amazing how good lats look. Eager to see more as and when you finish them.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Graham C said...

Mark,
First class job. Well done
Graham

John Ray said...

Mark,

I really like the way you have painted these flats.
I hope you continue with this project. Small units based on one base, visually works.

Regards
John

Bloggerator said...

Funny, that's almost exactly how I'm basing my own.

Greg

marinergrim said...

I do like these Mark. Inspires me to get back to my own.