Friday 2 March 2018

Flanqueurs-chasseurs of the Garde Impériale


In September 1811 Napoleon created a two battalion regiment of Chasseur Flankers of the Young Guard. They fought in the Campaigns of 1812 to 1814.  They look rather nice in Green


I am thinking that a batch of Alberken/Minfigs I have will be rather splendid as Chasseur Flankers.



Do I paint these next or do some more Prussian Lancers and French Hussars. I also have a Napoleon, Wellington (both original Hintons) and a JC recast Blucher in the queue along with 3 battalions of Prussian Infantry, 3 battalions of French, 2 battalions of British plus some riflemen. I also have 1 1/2 Austrian units as well as some French Guard and Guard Horse Artillery.

These are a mixture Hintons, Alberken/Minifig, Der Kreigspielers, Rose and Les Higgins

Decisions decisions - so what do I paint next ?

8 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

Don’t paint anything Mark....
Give them to me....

I don’t know how you do it ...I am struggling to find anything Hinton Hunt on tinternet... maybe you just manage to find it before me....

All the best. Aly

P.S. go for the green uniforms.

Wellington Man said...

An excellent choice, Mark. Every French Napoleonic army should have a horde of little green men in it somewhere. I fancy the Flanquer-grenadiers personally, although they're a looooong, long way down the painting queue.

Prussians might serve as a bit of R&R after those complex French infantry....Just an idea. I'm not biased. No, really.
WM

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Aly

When HH do come up they do attract some keen bidding.

Hopefully JC will re start casting and you will get some Saxons.

Mark

Mark Dudley said...

Hi WM

Doing some Prussians next would be an idea. I have a unit of DK Lutzowers I got from Tony.

These will be simpler in their all black uniforms.

Mark

lewisgunner said...

Think about the battle you plan to play. If you have another player with an army then build an opponent, if you are providing both sides then
complete the units alternately?

Mark Dudley said...

Hi LG

I am building both sides and indeed try to paint alternate units.

I started collecting classic Napoleonics a year ago and have yet to have a game. There are however a couple of other aficionados in East Yorkshire so there is a possibility of a game.


Mark

Stryker said...

Mark - an impressive haul, every charity shop in Yorkshire must have been picked clean of toy soldiers!

Go with the Guard, but I'm a bit biased at the moment.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Ian

My plan is to have 2 Young Guard and one old Guard Battalion. The line will have 3 battalions of Fusiliers and one Polish.

I have 3 of the 7 painted.