Saturday 10 November 2018

I do like visiting my local Oxfam

As regular readers of this blog will know there is a rather good Oxfam in Ilkley. I have over the years managed to obtain a number of hobby related items including 150 or so original Hinton Hunt figures.

A couple of years ago they opened a secondhand bookshop and I have bought some good books from the shop.

This morning I dropped in and managed to buy a copy of Scott Bowdens book on the Grande Armee of 1813 for the princely sum of £2.49.


I will peruse the book this afternoon as I listen to the rugby.

4 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

An excellent find at an unheard of price!
Congratulations! Bowden's 1813 is a terrific resource.

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

A great find there ! , Emperor Press books now go for exorbitant prices !

Stryker said...

Mark - you and that magic charity shop! Great find.

Rob said...

I'm so jealous - decent second-hand bookshops seem increasingly rare down here... that might be a good thing as I ran out of shelf space years ago and now have them in piles around the house.