Sunday 19 May 2019

French Voltigeurs

I have had a some Douglas Miniatures French Voltigeurs for a while now. I kept looking them and thinking 'I am not sure about these' as the figure pose looks like a bass guitarist.

Anyway as I don't have any other Douglas figures in my collection, and I as my aim of the collection is a homage to these  classic figures, I decided to see how they would look with some paint slapped on.


The officer is Hinton Hunt figure and he looks at home.  As I use half scale Charge units these 12 figures represent a Light unit of 2 companies. They can be used as a single unit or 2 independent 6 figure companies.


Closer view shows the detail.



And how they would have looked back in the day of black an white photos.


And how they did look back in the day


8 comments:

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Spot on.

Wellington Man said...

I love them!

Best regards
WM

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Dashing! And not at all like, for example, Roger Glover or Chris Squire.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Carlo said...

I love this pose. It reminds me of a photo in some golden wargamers guide to the Napoleonic Wars that I saw. It had me hooked as soon as I saw a stack of these figures, resplendent in black and white, at the ready. Wonderful to see these on your excellent blog.

Stryker said...

Nicely done Mark!

lewisgunner said...

Yes, Lovely Does John C make a French LI hornist you could use?

Rob said...

Lovely - the epitome of a vintage figure, full of character, colour and shininess - with anatomical sculpting relegated to second place.

mojoworking said...

I remember the original black and white pic, was it in Military Modelling or some classic wargames book? The naive sculpting is what attracts me to these vintage figures, if I wanted accurate scale models I'd go with Perry 28mm.