Tuesday 3 March 2020

Pretty in Pink

Pretty in Pink is a song by the Psychedelic Furs from 1981. It also captures how these French Dragoons have come out - they are 'Pretty in Pink'


The figures and Horses are recast Hinton Hunt figures and the command figures are provided by Newline.


The Newline figures mix very well when mounted on HH horses. The trumpeter epitomizes Napoleonic French sartorial elegance. 


I have painted these as the 17th Dragoons. The flag is made from a diet coke can. 


The Hinton Hunt figures are in pre Bardin uniforms where as the Newline ones are latter period.  The Dragoons will be brigaded with my Carabiniers.

I do have another unit of Dragoons to paint but these are way down the painting queue.

Next up on the painting table are a unit of Les Higgins British Rifleman that have been previously painted.  This unit will be the 3rd Btth 9th Prussian RIR (21st IR in 1815).

I was going to add bayonets to the figures but have decided to keep it simple and not bother. As the main colours are black and green I am going do a paint renovation rather than a full strip and repaint.

8 comments:

Rob said...

They are delightful and may even get a part in any remake of the film of the same name starring Molly Ringwald. Pink is one of my favourite facing colours for both French and Prussian dragoons - but for some reason I favour lemon yellow for Chasseurs a Cheval.
I applaud the buttons and lace, something that is still causing me grief and you seem to match WM's style better than my attempts. My figures look OK but it's just not that lovely nostalgic look I'd like to pull off. In the end I just rely on lots of good old gloss varnish for the old-school look.

Archduke Piccolo said...

The pink goes very well with the darkish green of the dragoons' jackets, I find. I too have one of the 'pink' dragoon regiments in my French army, the 18th, I think.

Stryker said...

Very nice work Mark!

marinergrim said...

Very nice work. Love the black lining.

Wellington Man said...

Very very nice, Mark!

Aly Morrison said...

Lovely Mark...
A very nice choice of colours indeed.

All the best. Aly

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Your project is progressing really well Mark. Im envious of what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

James Fisher said...

Beautifully done Mark.