Saturday 4 July 2020

Hinton Hunt Paint Along - 1st KGL Infantry - work in progress.

Along with Stryker of the Hinton Hint Vintage Wargame Figure blog (http://hintonhunt.blogspot.com/?m=1) last month we both completed a French Old Guard unit.

For our next synchorinesed Paint Along we have decided to both do a British unit.

For my unit I have selected the 1st KGL Line Infantry. The Infantry have been cast from a converted BN7 British Infantryman with the arms adjusted and musket added.  The officer, standard bearer, drummer and fifer will be original figures.


These figures had been painted and I decided on a paint restoration rather than a full bleach strip and clean. The command however I have stripped off the old paint and will get the  full treatment.


The first ten are well underway with main colours refreshed and the belts etc painted black. I have now started the white. This is fiddly and will require touch up particularly the piping on the collars. It takes about 10 minutes to do just the white on each figure. In all it takes up to 2 hours to paint one per figure.

I hope to complete the unit by the end of July.

13 comments:

Rpb said...

The difference between the figures at the back with their belts in black and the ones with the white done is amazing.
The facing colour is pretty dark - looks black, or is just a dark blue?

Stryker said...

That's an interesting use of the figure with seperate musket, should make a very nice unit!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

They are coming along very nicely.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Graham C said...

Looking good I remember getting a 100 or so of these and after taking off the all the flash then having to bend arms and fit muskets using araldite!!!!!
Great stuff

Aly Morrison said...

An excellent start Mark...
Some of my first Hintons were BN7 ‘s like Graham I remember bending and glueing.....and breaking quite a few of them...

All the best. Aly

Wellington Man said...

At last, proper soldiers! You're doing them proud, Mark.
All the best
WM

Mark Dudley said...

The white certainly brings the figures to life. The blue is actually brighter than the photo suggests.

Mark Dudley said...

I do hope so. The marching pose is perhaps the most useful pose for a wargaming figure.

Mark Dudley said...

With these chaps you have to pace yourself. I mostly paint in sessions lasting under an hour unlike the all day marathons I used to do in my younger days.

Mark Dudley said...

Araldite is one if the things from the past I do not miss.

Mark Dudley said...

So was it the BN7s that started you off on your career sculpting figures.

Mark Dudley said...

I am not sure which is harder to do - painting British Red with white lace or French Blue and red/white piping.

David said...

You are indeed in the thick of it if attaching separate muskets! I did that with my Bavarian conversions and I vowed never again! Look forward to seeing them complete!