Monday 13 November 2023

Kieler Zinnfiguren

I have been painting some more Kieler Zinnfiguren for my Freiberg project.

First up a unit a Prussian Frei battalion.


I have painted these as the Frei-Infanterie von Lüderitz and these were part of Kleists command at Freiberg.

For my next unit I decided on a paint restoration on the remaining old factory painted Kieler Austrian Grenadiers I bought on ebay. 


This is how they looked before my restoration.

I have tried to recreate how they might have looked when they were bought in Vienna in 1936. I repainted, touched up and tidyed up the paint work.

Finally I have painted an Austrian officer again using a Kieler figure.





7 comments:

Donnie McGibbon said...

I was just admiring these lovely figures on your post on LAF, great work once more and a very nice restoration job on the Austrians, superb work all round!

Neil Patterson said...

There was a chap from the North East at Warfare last weekend with a huge SYW flats game; he previously put it on at Salute.
Lots of discussion and envy on the VWC for SYW flats.
As always nice work on yours.
Neil

Rob said...

You are clearly getting tons of pleasure from these, thanks for sharing.

tradgardmastare said...

These look excellent. Flats do have a splendid look to them. I am enjoying this project greatly .
Alan Tradgardland

Aly Morrison said...

More loveliness Mark…
I particularly like the Frei Battalion… That pale blue dark blue combination is very attractive.

All the best. Aly

Alister Sharman said...



I assume you mean the battle of Freiberg in which case Freiburg
is incorrect

Mark Dudley said...

Thanks for spotting. I have corrected my posts