Sunday 22 October 2023

Krockow Dragoons

My latest unit for my Freiberg Zinnfiguren armies is the Prussian Krockow Dragoon Regiment No 2.

I have used Kieler figures for this unit and they are certainly in dynamic Charge poses.

I could not find a nice blue for the uniform some mixed a couple of different shades together. I used Liquitex Prussian Blue ink for the shading.

A closer view shows the detail of the figures which although fine is pronounced enough to paint and shade.

I now have 10 units painted and almost enough for a small game. I will be making  a unit identification bases with holders for small dice to show strengths and record loses. For rules I am thinking of using amended versions of Charles Grants The War Game or Might and Reason by Sam Mustafa.

Next unit is a Prussian Frei Battalion and an Austrian mounted Officer.





5 comments:

Donnie McGibbon said...

They are very nice indeed, great action in that unit, super sense of movement. The blue turned out very well, lovely shade.

Rob said...

I think Donnie hit the mark complimenting the sense of movement in this group. Your pale shade of green for the basing also helps make the figures stand out and in this case makes those galloping horses look as though they're flying along.

Aly Morrison said...

A splendidly animated unit Mark…
A lovely shade of blue as well…

All the best. Aly.

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

3D figures never seem to match the dynamic poses and sense of action found in 2D figures .

Bob The Old Painter said...

I have just caught up with your venture into flat figures. Your wonderful paintwork has brought them alive!