Tuesday 3 October 2023

Mainz Lamberg

I have added another unit to the Zinnfiguren armies.

These chaps are the Mainz Lamberg. I have used Scholtz Austrian figures from Berliner Zinnfiguren. 

I am still learning what painting technique works best with these figures but find 10 infantry or 5 cavalry a good number to paint as a batch. 


The Mainz Lamberg served with the Austrian army and was present at many of the battles including Freiberg.


There is little known about the regimental colours so I have used the speculative  from David's excellent Not by Appointment blog and free hand painted my version.


Next on my painting table is a a unit of Austrian Cuirassier.

3 comments:

Donnie McGibbon said...

Nice addition to your collection, lovely uniform and a superb flag.

Aly Morrison said...

Very pretty indeed Mark…

All the best. Aly

Rob said...

You're really on a roll - please don't stop as I'm looking forward to seeing these on parade or engaged on the table-top.