Monday 9 October 2023

Pálffy Cuirassier

These are the Pálffy Austrian Cuirassiers. I have used Droste figures which I bought 10 years ago from Fechner.

At the Battle of Freiberg the Pálffy were brigaded with 2 other Austrian Cuirasser regiments and the Batthyány Dragoons.


I have painted the standard with the arms of the house of Pálffy.


Each Zinnfiguren figure has the codes that can be used to identify the figure. These figures are no longer available from Fechner but are now available from:-

Schum Zinnfiguren

I have also be fortunate to pick up a job lot of Kieler Zinnfiguren from a fellow gamer. I have plenty of Infantry and Cavalry now and only need to order extra standard bearers, officers and artillery figures. I will be ordering these from Schum as he sells single figures.

As part of the job lot it included a rather nicely painted Seydlitz figure.


I found this figure useful as a reference in trying to see what I could achieve with Acrylics. I still have a lot to learn but one thing I will not be doing is trying to use oils to paint these figures.

There is on other thing about Seydlitz figure.  He is only painted on oneside. This is common for figures which are then used in dioramas or mounted in pictures frames.

I will use this figure but clearly he can only lead charges going right to left.

Next up  a combined Austrian Grenadier unit.



6 comments:

Rob said...

Brigaded with the Batthyányi Dragoons they may be but those cuirassiers seem to be just looking on as BDs go in hell for leather.
Are you going to paint the 'dark side' of Seydlitz?

Mark Dudley said...

I am going to try and match the painting style however I am going to struggle to get any where near how well his 'good side' has been painted.

Donnie McGibbon said...

Lovely additions to your collection, the cavalry are really lovely. The Seydlitz is a cracker!

Aly Morrison said...

More lovely toys….
This really isn’t very fair of you… way too much temptation 😱.

All the best. Aly

Rob said...

Don't worry, no-one will be able to see both sides at the same time!

Neil Patterson said...

Simply lovely.
Neil