Wednesday 19 April 2017

Le Tondu arrives

My small ebay purchase arrived today. I now have an original Hinton Hunt to command my French forces.



He has been partly painted and should clean up easily. The horse has been painted brown and not as Napoleons Grey Marengo


The mystery is solved. The horse code on the underside of the base is BNH10. A British horse and indeed the horse used to mount Wellington.


So my Napoleon is riding Copenhagen. Perhaps the previous owner modelled this on an alternative history and instead of Napoleon losing Waterloo where his horse, Marengo was captured, he wins and captures Wellingtons horse Copenhagen.

A classic Napoleonic pose shows the horse furniture in detail.


Another image shows more ornate horse furniture.


Anyway I will strip both the horse and paint as Marengo.  A FNH10 horse may turn up in which case I could always remount Le Tondu

5 comments:

Phil said...

Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

The seller on ebay was also selling a Wellington. Perhaps the horses were mixed up.

Captain Nolan said...

Why not post an historical picture of Copenhagen as well (ingotn) for comparison purposes?

Mark Dudley said...

Good point. I have contacted the seller.

Thanks

the Archduke said...

I'm pretty sure they were both on BNH 10s. I'm glad he's in good hands. I look forward to seeing his face when he first espies your Hungarians.