Sunday 8 July 2018

British Rifles

Having finished the French Carabiniers I have moved on to my next unit  - the 95th Rifles.

I have 10 Riflemen and 2 Officers to paint that I picked over the last year. Back in the day I had 6 of the very same figures. I understood they were Alberken/early Minifigs but on closer examination they look rather like Douglas figures. Perhaps another case of Peter Gilder 'borrowing' someone elses design.

Here are the figures before the dip.


And afterwards.


As this closer view shows there is a bit of flash that needs cleaning off the figures.



The final picture is of Peter Gilders Waterloo game from the front cover of Miniature Warfare from September 1970.


On closer examination you can see one of these chaps almost single handed defending La Haye Sainte from the French masses.

4 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

They have cleaned up well , quite a character .

Aly Morrison said...

I really like the simplicity of early wargames miniatures...
These chaps are definitely a ‘blank canvas’ ...

All the best. Aly

Rob said...

Are you sure they're riflemen? Several seem to have elite company wings and the weapons look a bit long for Baker rifles.

mojoworking said...

Interesting figures, quite 2d, I bet they were uses as masters for home casting quite a lot back in the day. I'm sure your practised brushwork will bring them to life!