Thursday 30 November 2017

British Fusilier - progress



Just in case you were worried that I had lost my Hinton mojo the latest troops are nearing completion. I have 14 British Fusiliers almost finished. I do however wonder if these are100% pukka Hintons though. I will do a comparison photo with my Oxfam Fusiliers,once I get them finished, to show the subtle differences.

Update: It is possible that these 14 Fusilier figures may be original from later production moulds. The figures are slightly smaller and fatter with the head at a slight angle

I need to complete the metalwork on the musket and the red on the wings before retouching, glossing and basing.

To finish my 2 battalion brigade I have s couple of British standard bearers in belgIc shakos to finish my 2 battalion fusilier brigade.


8 comments:

Wellington Man said...

Oh dear...If you're not happy Mark, please let me know and I'll try to make it up to you.

Drat and double drat.
WM

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Matt

These are good figures whatever and will fit in nicely with my other Fusiliers.

Mark

Tony S said...

Very nice Mark. Look forward to seeing the full compliment.

Stryker said...

Fusiliers in proper fusilier hats, very nice!

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Tony

I hope to get them finished next week. The standard bearers may take some time.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Ian

A Fusilier just would not be a Fusilier without the proper titfer.

mojoworking said...

Mark, I also have some fusiliers in the leadpile, 20 x privates, 1 x officer and 1 x sergeant, hope they turn out as smart as yours! My old HH catalogue seems to indicate Marcus never produced standard bearers or musicians in the bearskin hat, so was going to do these in Belgic shako as per your plan.

Cheers

Dave

Anonymous said...

I may have a couple of Fusilier heads from S Range figures if you want. I cut them off and replaced them with Belgic shakoes.