Saturday 26 May 2018

French Young Guard - Recruitment


Last year I picked up some Alberken/Minifig FN20 Young Guard Voltigeur advancing however well short if what I needed to form a complete unit. I thought it unlikely that I would be able to find any more.  But I lived in hope that some would turn up.

I was very pleased therefore that
this week I was able to complete the unit after an ebay purchase.



The YG are now added to the awaiting a bleach dip/painting  pile.

Included in the ebay lot was one of those odd figures you get with classic Napoleonics. This is a FN23 YG Officer charging. Although why this pose is described as charging is beyond me. He looks like he is directing traffic. I will try bending the arms and perhaps his head to see if I can get a better pose.



10 comments:

mojoworking said...

Mark, Good ebay find, I guess patience is a virtue. I still need 8 Highlanders and 10 British Light Infantry, I live in hope that these will come up on ebay one day.

Cheers

Dave

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

The Officer figure is rather cute , is he making sure everyone is in line ?

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Dave

I spend far too much time on ebay. Occasionally I come across something every so often. Part the fun of collecting classic Napoleonics is the searching and obtaining these old figures.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Tony

I am probably keep him as is and use him as a marker for Rallying troops. Or perhaps let him attach to a unit and give them a plus one on morale checks.

Stryker said...

Well done on completing the unit, I've sometimes had to wait several years to do that. The officer is great and would also be very useful landing planes on a carrier!

Wellington Man said...

Well done that man. There's nothing like tracking down those last few, elusive figures needed to complete a unit.

I dread to think how far down the painting queue they are, Mark, but I can't wait to see what you make of them nonetheless.

Best regards, WM

Aly Morrison said...

Glad to see you got them Mark...
They look a lot better in your photos than they did on eBay...

I love the officer...

All the best. Aly

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Ian

I thought it would be some time before I found any more of these figures. I guess I got lucky.

As for the Officer he would only be able to serve on an appropriately named carrier. Unfortunately the French have named a carrier after either Napoleon or one of his Marshals.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi WM

Fortunately I dont have a queue or even a list of what needs painting. I choose the next unit on what I fancy doing next. Trouble it changes week to week.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Aly

They are little better but will still get the dreaded bleach dip.