Friday 17 February 2017

Les Higgins

I painted these figures a while back but did not finish them. However inspired by the iconic images on the Hinton Spieler - blog http://thehintonspieler.blogspot.co.uk - I thought I would finish and base them up.


These are painted as Hessian types and will be used for my Electorate of Furstenburg-Lederhosen forces. There opponents will be the imperial troops of Maxony.


Gloss finished and based on mdf painted with humbrol green (no 80).


I have enough infantry to paint another unit and some cavalry for a couple of squadrons.

8 comments:

Old Nick said...

Wonderful looking figures, great paint job. I like them very much!

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Look pretty smart to me.

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Mark,
You have done a cracking job on them.It was a wonderful range when it came out, and has stood the test of time.
Well done.

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Classic figures,well painted and turned out,Tony

Wellington Man said...

It is you who inspires me, Mark!

Absolutely superb work. Beautiful castings, beautifully painted. You've really brought them to life.

Best regards, WM

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Yes, they have a certain something about them. Lovely brushwork by the way.

Best Regards,

Stokes

EB said...

Just spotted these, Mark. A splendid looking unit.

Iain

Corporal_Trim said...

They look fantastic, Mark. Very well proportioned figures and the right painting to match.