Thursday 2 August 2018

Prussian 9th Reserve Infantry - Test figure

I have completed a test figure of the 9th Prussian Reserve Infantry (21st Infantry in 1815). This unit used British/Portuguese uniforms from 1813 all the way through the Waterloo campaign.

I have used a Garrison British Light Infantry figure and cut down the base so that 4 figures will fit on on my 25 by 30mm bases.

I have 20 of these chaps so I will need to find/convert some command figures.



As a reminder the original figure looked like this.


I have 3 choices on my short list to paint next.

1. 12 Alberken British Riles as the 2nd KGL Light Bttn.
2. 6 Hinton Hunt recasts British Horse Guards.
3. The first batch of 12 figures for the 9th Prussians.

Which one should I do ?

4 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

An unusual pose , but I like it .

Colin Ashton said...

OMG I remember those figures so well!!!!!

Wellington Man said...

He looks brilliant, Mark! The unusual pose is also full of character. I reckon you should definitely crack on with the rest of them.
Best regards
WM

Mark Dudley said...

Hi WM

The rest of the unit are dipped and cleaned up ready for painting. Its about time I did some more Prussians and they should be easier to do than French or British.