Thursday 6 September 2018

Latest Work in Progress and other news

I am making progress with the remaining 23 figures that make up the 9th Prussian Reserve Infantry.


This unit consists of a number different manufacturers. The rank and file are Garrison British Light infantry.  The Officer is also a Garrison figure. The standard bearer is a Douglas figure and the drummer a recast Hinton Hunt Prussian grenadier with the plume removed.

In other news this week I received a small parcel from Matt (Wellington Man) containing a French Light Infantry Voltigeur. It came boxed in a rather nice little piece of memorabilia.


On the same day the Voltigeur arrived I also received an original boxed Airfix La Haye Saint.


The kit inside was used. A couple of chimneys were missing and one small piece damaged.  

I have been looking for one of these for a while as this is a must have kit for anyone who collects classic Napoleonics.

12 comments:

Stryker said...

More lovely brushwork Mark! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the La Haye Saint model.

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

I had those buildings, long since gone sadly

Rob said...

I do like your 9th Reserve - at first sight the posture of the rank and file looked rather odd, I still don't think it's very natural but as they start to emerge on en masse I've been won round to the charm of something so different.

Rob said...

I've got two unopened Waterloo Farmhouse sets - I will only be making one up complete and the other is for cannibalising to make different buildings. If you let me know which bits you're missing from your set they, if they're not needed for the cannibalised buildings you can have them.

Wellington Man said...

They look brilliant, Mark, and bursting with retro charm. I'm particularly impressed that you went for one of the green and blue battalions too. I'd never have guessed this could work so well, which is why I went for blue and red on my reservists.

Aly Morrison said...

Lovely stuff Mark...
I do like the choice of colours...
I was recently given a Waterloo Farm House...it stands the test of time really well... I am looking forward to building it.

All the best. Aly

Mark Dudley said...

I am looking forward to building and painting it. I will try an emulate the art work on the box.

Mark Dudley said...

I really liked the US Cavalry fort and used in so many of my ACW Games with my Airfix figures

Mark Dudley said...

It is an odd pose and I think Garrison dropped the figure from their catalogue which indicates that the sales might not have been good.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Rob

I will drop you an email

Thanks

Mark

Mark Dudley said...

Hi WM

I was not sure Green would go so I experimented using different shades.

Mark Dudley said...

I look forward to seeing how yours comes out.