Sunday 27 October 2019

Chasseur Flanker of the Guards.

I finished the varnishing this morning of the first  12 of my Chasseur Flanker of the Guard.

For this unit I have used the Alberken/early Minfig FN16 - Line Volitigeur Advancing figure for the Rank and File.  This is one of my favourite Alberken figures.

The Chasseur Flankers are a useful addition for 1813/14 French Armies and will form part of my Young Brigade along with a unit of Alberken FN20 - Young Guard Voltigeurs.




They look rather natty in Green.  I have had these figures since the early 70s and I bought them from BMW Models in Wimbledon.  I had originally painted them as Austrians.  For some reason I black lined them in yellow. 


It's good to get these figures resurrected after so many years.

9 comments:

Wellington Man said...

A very clever choice, Mark, and as you say, he looks very natty indeed. The whole battalion will look spectacular.

Stryker said...

Nice job Mark. How great to be able to re-use figures you bought years ago - I wish I had some of mine!

Rob said...

Concur completely on how nice a casting that is and the spiffing green uniform. Only another 12 to go then?

David said...

Oh how these make me want to paint my own. The Alberkens are a lovely choice and you are absolutely correct in that they are a fine figure despite their age. I am envious of the clean detail and sturdy legs. I feel like the Dks suffer from malnutrition sometimes. In any event what a lovely task to add some green coats to a French brigade!

Best!

David

Mark Dudley said...

Hi WM

I the next 12 figures are ready to go. I will be using a HH recast drummer and standard bearer to bring the unit up to strength.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Ian

I had a lot more Alberken French and British figures that I gave away to a youngster who was getting into the hobby.

Mark Dudley said...

I hope to get the rest if the unit done before Christmas.

Next year I intend to do more Prussians.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi David

I have a fair few Alberkens and they are well cast with little flash and at the time compared well with Hinton Hunts. They were also cheaper at 5p compared to 10p for a HH figure. Although you if you bought a 100 HH figures the price dropped to 5p. As a schoolboy I only ever once saved enough money to get the HH discount.

Aly Morrison said...

Nicely done Mark...

I look forward to seeing the whole unit.


All the best. Aly