Saturday 8 February 2020

On the Workbench - French Dragoons

I have my next unit well underway.  These are a unit of French Dragoons. I have gone with Pink facings which add a splash of colour against the Green uniforms.


The unit consists of 12 figures. The 9 troopers are all recasts, as are the horses, with the command provided by Newline. I have used Newline command with my Briitish Lifeguards and they had slightly shorter legs. These Dragoons however have longer legs.


They match very well. I have added a Coke can flag to the standard bearer.

I have enough figures and horses in the lead pile to do another unit of Dragoons.

10 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

A striking, and very attractive combination of colors!

Best Regards,

Stokes

Stryker said...

Nice work Mark - dragoons look pretty in pink!

Aly Morrison said...

Green with pink/rose facings...
What’s not to like... ;-)

All the best. Aly

Wellington Man said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen such a bright pink. It looks very fetching indeed besides the dark green.

Did you glue the men to the horses before you started painting them? I long to do a demountable regiment because it would allow me to paint the troopers separately! These OPCs I seem to be stuck with are nightmare.

Mark Dudley said...

I used Vallejo Pink. I will be adding a subtle highlight to mute the Pink a little.

I do glue the men to the horses before painting them. Even so they are easier to paint than the OPC figures due to the open figure pose.

David said...

Nice Mark! I too found that Newline command figures will match quite closely in some cases! I also prefer to paint with cavalry figures attached. At this scale it just doesn't seem worth the added effort to paint separately, but of course it is a matter of personal preference.

James Fisher said...

Who doesn't love French dragoons, especially the regiments with pink facings? Beautifully done Mark!

Rob said...

Mark are those old recasts or new ones you purchased from someone who makes them to order? I ask because I will need dragoons at some point.

Mark Dudley said...

They are new JC recasts. Not sure 'makes to order' describes him and a haphazard laissez-faire approach is a better description.

Rob said...

I know what you mean I've had no reply to a recent email to him asking about an order. I did use the email address from the Vintage 20mil site so I trust that's still the correct one to use?