Monday 13 April 2020

Ersatz Prussian Commanders

I am slowing building up my classic Prussian forces. So far I have 2 mounted officers a Blucher and a converted Lutzow. I knew I would need more.




As I don't have any Hinton Hunt Prussian commanders I decided to get some Newline ones and mount them on some recast British Hinton Hunt horses


In my organisation I need one mounted commander for my brigades which consist of 2 units of either cavalry or infantry.


In all I have the following to paint to complete my Prussuan army - phase 1.

- 2 Der Kreigspielers line units
- 1 Der Kreigspieler Jager unit
- 1 Hinton Hunt recast Landwehr Infantry unit
- 1 Der Kreigspielers Lutzow Infantry unit
- 1 Hinton Hunt Lancer unit
- 1 Hinton Hunt Dragon unit
- Half a unit of Alberken Prussian Dragoons
- 2 SHQ guns with recast Hinton Hunt crews and Newline Limbers and crew.

Should keep me busy for a while. I will keep looking for other bits and oices that may come up.


13 comments:

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

An impressive collection so far and even more so once you complete that lot.

More power to your elbow.

Anonymous said...

You are building a wonderful collection, will look good once phase 1 complete, it can be inspiring to see how others pull there collections together, might get around to getting mine sorted.

Paul

Rob said...

I particularly like the paint job you did on the guy in the grey uniform with a field cap. Often the simpler uniforms look so much more stylish. It's also very helpful to see Newline on HH horses, although the latter aren't easy to find either. Do you have similar with SHQ on HH?

Wellington Man said...

These are excellent, Mark.
It's very annoying that Marcus never made any mounted colonels. Still, I suppose it keeps my conversion factory in business!
Best regards
WM

Carlo said...

These are mighty impressive Mark. Beautiful sculpts.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Jim

Notice I have not set a deadline to complete the Prussians. I plan also to paint a few French along the way.

Mark Dudley said...

I hope I can stick to the plan and that nothing new and shiny comes along to deflect me.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Rob

I don't have any SHQ cavalry figures. However there is a figure comparison here:-

http://prometheusinaspic.blogspot.com/2018/03/20mm-figure-comparison-vintage.html?m=1

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Matt.

Marcus probably did more personality figures than any one else but totally lacked any figures for Colonels.

Your conversions are a great source of inspiration and I hope to try a few more in the future.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Carlo.

A mixture of new Newline figures and old Hinton Hunt cavalry figures. In most cases mixing riders and horses does not work but does with these.

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice indeed Mark...

All the best. Aly

Captain Nolan said...

Sehr Gut!

RogerB said...

You have a great blog.
However, it was hacked and posted on The Miniatures Page.
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=543060

The poster Tango01 has been asked by bloggers and other TMP members repeatedly to add the name to the blog instead of just Link.
Please assist with this by contacting the owner of TMP, Bill Armintrout editor@theminiaturespage.com and expressing your thoughts. We appreciate the hard work that goes into a blog and a courtesy of a citation isn't to much to ask.