Sunday 14 March 2021

Home made Streams

Bellona made a range of terrain pieces and I owned quiet a few as a youngster. I have been looking out for some Bellona stream for a while now to go with an old Bellona bridge I have.

As I have been unable to find any I decided to have a go making my own stream sections using some Kardean  flooring I had left over from a bathroom floor.

Kardean is very easy to cut and is flexible. I made the banks using Caulk and a simple paint job and a bit of Jarvis flock finished them off.


The Old Guard crossing into Belgium in June 1815.


A section of the stream painted in an appropriate gloss blue with a little dry brushing. You can see the texture of the Kardean which I think adds to the effect.


8 comments:

Rob said...

Nice work - think I'd have given the streams a good thick coat of gloss varnish to bring them into the shiny fold.

David said...

I just love this! The bridge very much reminds me of the one featured in Bruce Quarrie's Airfix guide, and when juxtaposed with the Dapol cottage just screams old school. Your river sections really fit in quite naturally with that look, so kudos to you for forging ahead and making something new look "old"!

Stryker said...

Very clever Mark and it looks just the part!

Wellington Man said...

Excellent job, Mark!
I'm tempted to try something similar, but I've been struggling with the geometry. Maths was never a strong point, I'm very sad to say....

Phil said...

Looks nice, very nice!

EB said...

Stream and Guard both look the part, Mark.

Iain

tradgardmastare said...

Really looks excellent, well done!

Aly Morrison said...



Have you seen the products from this company...
They don’t do rivers or roads yet... but still very interesting..
http://www.amera.co.uk/


All the best. Aly