Monday 15 March 2010

Erbprinz has been mobilised

Painting of the Minot Jager has been some what slower than planned as I have spent some time basing up some of my old 28mm SYW collection ready for the Chiraz campaign. I have decided to play the campaign as standalone games. I not sure about playing the river crossing as I don’t have models of barges and pontoons so will limit the campaign to the other 4 scenarios.

The other piece of news is that the Electoral forces have been given a boost by the imminent raising of a new regiment – the Erbrpinz. I have 61 figures on order from Sweden and hopefully they will arrive in time for my birthday on the 17th March. I intend to paint these as close as possible to how the unit appears in Charge. I blame Phil Olley for this as it was seeing his pictures on his classicwargaming blog that got me hooked into recreating my youth.

As spring approaches I hope to get some more Prince August 40mm figures casted up. I have the moulds and plenty of lead so just need some fine weather and a few hours spare hours.

4 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Go, Mark, go. Get those brushes ready. Prep for casting lead . . . and have a wonderful birthday, sir.


-- Jeff

andygamer said...

Best of luck in the project. Have fun. And happy birthday... and St Patrick's Day. Will you have any redcoat mercenaries at work? :)

Mark Dudley said...

The Erbprinz arrived yesterday. The figures are much better than I thought they would be. They are tall fellows and interestingly are taller than the musketeer NCO and standard bearer I also got.

Compared to Spencer Smith these fellows are a good bit taller.

I will post some photos of the figures and do some comparison with other figures I have in my collection.

I am looking forward to painting these and may have to put the Jager on hold while I get the first company done.

Unknown said...

NFL Hoodies Jerseys, Edmonton Oilers Jerseys, Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys, Minnesota Vikings Jerseys, Houston Texans Jerseys, NHL Camo Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Platforms , Montreal Canadiens Jerseys, Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys, Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Ballerinas, Christian Louboutin Sneakers, Denver Broncos Jerseys, San Jose Sharks Jerseys, White Sox Jerseys, nhl camo jerseys, Kids NHL Hoodies Jerseys, nike nfl jerseys,