Saturday 13 October 2018

Blucher reviews his troops

I have finished my Blucher and thought it would appropriate for him to review his small, but growing, army.


So far I only have the 9th RIR and Von Lutzow Lancers but I do have 4 battalions, a dragoon regiment and 2 batteries in the painting queue.


The Blucher figure is a JC recast as is his horse. I don't think is the correct horse to use for a mounted Prussian officer but its the only one I had.


Blucher address his troops.

'Raise high the black flags, my children. No prisoners. No pity. I will shoot any man I see with pity in him.


11 comments:

Wellington Man said...

He is excellent, Mark. Your Prussians will grow exponentially now with such a fine general to lead them!
All the best
WM

Phil said...

He looks proud and superb, excellent job!

lewisgunner said...

Yes, some of the HH peronality figures are little gems and you brought this little chap to life!

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Matt

I am in a quandary as to wait to paint next. Do I do some more Prussian Infantry or some British Cavalry perhaps.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Phil

I hope it will inspire his troops when they face the French across 'Le table de Mars'.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi LG

I have a few other Hinton Hunt personality figures and they indeed very nice indeed.

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice Mark...

I think Blucher can have any horse he wants... I suspect he would have had Napoleons if he could.

All the best. Aly

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Lovely figure Mark well done, he was a pretty murderous old git though. It must have been agony giving birth to that elephant.

Rob said...

Cracking moustache - clearly no slug balancers in the Prussian Army! No wonder his troops fought for him. Also that quote is my favourite bit of the film - although shortly after that the Prussian cavalry are spoiled by being reverse image shots.... :o(

Stryker said...

Very nice Mark, I look forward to seeing more!

James Fisher said...

The old warhorse looks great... so does Blücher (haha!)