Wednesday 7 November 2018

1st Hussars - Work in Progress

I have been rather slowly painting 6 French Elite Hussars to add to the 6 figures I painted 18 months ago.

https://ilkleyoldschool.blogspot.com/2017/05/hinton-hunt-french-8th-elite-hussars.html?m=1

I have got the main colours completed and have started on the white bits.  Once I have the main colours on I then go over and clean up the black items before adding the final details and the all important tidy up to get, as close as I can, clean lines between the colours. The braid on the front of the jacket will need particular attention on these figures.



The finished unit of combined 1st/8th Hussars will join the Carabiniers  to bring my French Cavalry strength up to 2 regiments.

I have also started prepping 6 recast British Dragoons in bicornes to add a second unit to my allied cavalry.

4 comments:

Wellington Man said...

They are already looking superb, Mark.
You have my every sympathy!
Yours
WM

Stryker said...

Very nice Mark - I really like that blue!

Mark Dudley said...

I have a unit of one piece casting French Hussars in the waiting queue. They are some way down the list though.



Mark Dudley said...

Hi Ian

I started with Vallejo Deep Sky Blue but the colour did not look right. I therefore washed over with FW Indigo acrylic ink which stained to the paint rather nicely.

I will probably add a few touches of Humbrol Pastel Blue to add a highlight to finish.