Sunday 24 January 2021

French Guard Lancers

I have been preparing my next unit of classic Napoleonics for painting.  I will be concentrating on cavalry for the next few months. 

These are recast Hinton Hunt FN44 French Guard Lancer charging with separate lance. I had to use bit of Milliput to fill gaps between the lance arm and body.

The first 6 figures will be the Polish Guard and will form the 1st squadron and the 2nd squadron of 6 will be Red Lancers. Should be colourful once finished.

One figure I decided rather than use a lancer arm I decided to cut of the trumpet arm from a plastic figure and use that instead.

If the weather is not too cold I will finish off cleaning them up and spray them with black undercoat.


12 comments:

EB said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished unit, Mark.

You've made a lovely job of the trumpeter's arm.

Iain

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Agreed! Once he's painted, you'll never know.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Rob said...

They will certainly look pretty, I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I think I would go for 4 Poles as they were very much the minority in what was a huge unit (you could always just add another 6 figures). In 1815 the Lt cavalry units of the Garde were as big as most brigades, especially the Chasseurs.

tradgardmastare said...

Great figures, looking forward to following their painting.

'Lee. said...

Lovely figures and will look superb once finished. Clever conversion of the trumpeter.

Stryker said...

No French wargame army is complete without some of these!

Wellington Man said...

Colourful indeed! I'm really looking forward to what you do with these Mark!

Aly Morrison said...

Splendid Mark...
I am also looking forward to seeing how these turn out...

All the best. Aly

David said...

I'm jealous of the HH figures, even if recasts. I have a bunch of the DK ones in the painting pile and they get pretty spindly. The lances look a little nicer than the original ones. An improvement on the originals perhaps? I suspect I will be replacing mine with wire lances, but once again that is almost an imperative with the older DKs. Can't wait to see how yours turn out!

Graham C said...

Going to be a good looking unit, one of my favourite HH figures.

James Fisher said...

These will look great. Excellent conversion of the trumpeter too.
Regards, James

mojoworking said...

That's a great idea, painting half as Polish and half as Dutch, may have to pinch that as I've got a dozen OPCs I need to get cracking with.