Sunday 5 September 2021

54mm ACW ready for action

I have now assembled my two 54mm ACW armies for Neil Thomas OHW using my old childhood figures. 

The figures are a mixture of Britains Swoppet and Deetail together with a few  Herald ones. The union cavalry are Deetail 7th cavalry figures.  I have made the movement strays from artist board painted a suitable green and used white tack to hold the figures in place.


My son has unpainted Imex, Armies in Plastic, BMC and Italeri figures which I can always raid to paint up a few extra if needed.

I plan to play a game tomorrow. Take the High Ground looks a good scenario to start with.

6 comments:

John Y said...

Great looking armies! Looking forward to seeing them in action!

Paul Liddle said...

They look smashing, I did wonder if you had glued them down or not. Probably wise not to.
I too look forward to the battle.

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

An excellent step! I look forward to the battle.

tradgardmastare said...

Looking forward to hearing how the game goes...

Aly Morrison said...

Splendid toys Mark…

This really takes me back in time…
A school friend and I had Britains ACW Swoppets …
We were full old school and shot at them with air pistols…😳

All the best. Aly

David said...

Ah, you have inadvertently opened a wound. I had a magnificent but small collection of 54mm metals for the American Revolution. Alas, I sold them to help finance the purchase of the Tennant collection. Yours look like great fun!