That morning I had tried out different bases sizes by blue tracking unpainted figures down. I came to the conclusion that I needed larger bases if I wanted an Infantry and Cavalry units to look the part.
For Infantry I went for 60 by 30mm with 20 figures in a line with a mounted officer and 4 extra figures with 2 behing and 2 in front of the battalion line.
For cavalry I wanted to represent a unit with gaps and space between the squadrons and decided to use as 4 squadrons as the basic configuration. I know Prussian and Austrians both had more squadrons but in the end of the day the solution looks ok.
This Austrian Cuirassier unit has an extra officer added and I will probably to this fir new units as I paint them up.