Saturday 30 April 2022

SYW 6mm basing

Yesterday afternoon was a pleasant and sunny so I sat n the garden doing a spot of rebasing of my 6mm SYW armies.

That morning I had tried out different bases sizes by blue tracking unpainted figures down.  I came to the conclusion that I needed larger bases if I wanted an Infantry and Cavalry units to look the part.

For Infantry I went for 60 by 30mm with 20 figures in a line with a mounted officer and 4 extra figures with 2 behing and 2 in front of the battalion line. 




For cavalry I wanted to represent a unit with gaps and space between the squadrons and decided to use as 4 squadrons as the basic configuration. I know Prussian and Austrians both had more squadrons but in the end of the day the solution  looks ok.


This Austrian Cuirassier unit has an extra officer added and I will probably to this fir new units as I paint them up.





2 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Nice bases , getting 6mm figures based right is the thing I think .

Aly Morrison said...

You have made these tiny little people look really nice Mark…

All the best. Aly