Monday 25 April 2022

SYW - 6mm

I started a SYW project in 6mm over 5 years ago as a solution to losing my permament gaming table when we  moved house.  The plan was to build large units of 48 infantry and 24 cavalry figures and play the War Game on a kitchen table.

I have recently be playing DBN with my old 15mm Napoleonic collection and I am about to play test DBSYW. Rather than use my 28mm collection I thought this would be an opportunity to use the 6mm SYW collection. For DBSYW I plan to use 2 bases to represent a unit.

Well I undertook a quick review of what I had and of course I quickly decided that I needed some more units.  

First up some Prussian Grenadiers of the Braunschweig-Bevern Infantry Regiment. 


For the Austrians I have added some Grenadiers of the Deutschmeister Infantry Regiment.


And finally some Prussians of the 3rd Dragoon Regiment.  Freshly varnished with a coat of gloss varnish.








4 comments:

Peter said...

You have been able to paint lots of detail on those 6mm figures. They look impressive.

Donnie McGibbon said...

Very nice work on the 6mm figures, they should look good on the table, looking forward to seeing it.

'Lee. said...

Excellent paint job on those Baccus figures Mark, I know just how challenging they can be, your style works perfectly on them.

Lee.

Aly Morrison said...

Beautifully painted tiny little people Mark…

All the best. Aly