Monday 4 September 2023

First Zinnfiguren base completed

I painted these 6 figures over 11 years ago when I got my first Zinnfiguren. Yesterday I rebased them on my new basing as part of my restarted project.


This unit is the Erbprinz from Charge. I have on 60 by 30mm and stuck two mdf bases together so the bases are easier to pick up and move.


Each base of Infantry will represent a battalion and I will paint two battalions for each regiment giving me the option of deploying 2 bases as a unit if I wish.


I will probably do a few Imagination units as well as core Austrian and Prussian units. This allows greater flexibility as they can fight for either side depending on the scenario.



Next up will be some Prussian Grenadiers which I painted 7 years ago. Once these are done I will start painting some new figures.


9 comments:

Rob said...

Impressive paint jobs - I am tempted but I have so much to paint and I'm not getting any quicker at it.

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Very smart indeed , flats look the business don't they - the chunky base is a good idea.

Donnie McGibbon said...

A classic wargaming unit nicely painted, I like the idea of the double mdf base saving the figures from any damage, looks good too!

tradgardmastare said...

Utterly Splendid!
Alan Tradgardland

tidders said...

Very nice, lovely unit

Neil Patterson said...

Lovely work. Like your second unit on LAW.
Neil

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice indeed Mark…
I like the look of the thicker bases…

All the best. Aly

Bloggerator said...

Glorious!

Bloggerator said...

I should say, this project ticks a great many boxes for me. Flats - Check! Charge!- Check! The Erbprinz Regiment - CHECK! CHECK! CHECK!

Lovely painting.