Tuesday 26 September 2023

Zinnfiguren - First units completed

I have now painted extra figures to bring my first units up to strength. I have used 90 by 40mm bases for Infantry and 90 by 50mm for Cavalry. 

The bases are painted a nice shade of Green using Vallejo Golden Olive (857) and I have stuck a piece of green felt to the underside to make it easier to slide the bases across my kitchen table or green mdf playing surface.

I am loosely basing my collection on the battle of Freiberg on 1762 as this has a nice mix of troop types.


The Erbprinz is an Imaginations unit, perhaps the most famous in Wargaming history. This is the first Zinnfiguren flag I have painted.

Infantry units consist of 10 figures or in some cases I will use 8 plus a mounted officer.


The 4th Hussars were commanded by Bohlen in 1762. Prussian Hussars are main battle cavalry and I use 5 figures per unit. For skirmish cavalry I will use 4 figures per base.


I have 2 units of Prussian Grenadiers completed. They are the 17/22 Rothenburg and 19/25 Woldeck.

I have my next unit, the Austrian Batthyanyi Dragoons, 90% painted. After this I will do an Austrian Infantry unit.


9 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Excellent looking units , flats always have a flair that 3D figures can't catch .

Rob said...

You're really on a roll! These units are great, do you have a plan?

Donnie McGibbon said...

Your collection is taking shape nicely, must admit I really like them a lot, really lovely!

Mark Dudley said...

Some flats have wonderful dynamic poses and the range of figures is huge.

Mark Dudley said...

I have a plan of sorts. Going to base the armies on a scaled down version of the battle of Freiburg. It will also depend on what figures I am able to attain.

Mark Dudley said...

I am rather enjoying sourcing figures as well as trying to paint them so they look ok.

Aly Morrison said...

These are really coming along nicely Mark…
Ever so tempting 🦋🦋🦋

All the best. Aly

Neil Patterson said...

Very nice! As Aly says, very tempting!
Neil

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Aly
You know resistance is futile.